Monday 24 August 2009

I DID IT!!!!!

COVENTRY'S BIG FUN RUN!

I did It, I did it!!! hahaha!!! And it felt GOOD!

I felt a bit nervous in the morning - gawd knows why as its only a fun run - but I couldnt stop that adrenaline rush and must have been to the loo about a million times before the run lol!
So I got to the Memorial park and found the car park easy enough and there were lots of people milling about who were obviously running so I followed them down to the start! There were all sorts there, ladies dressed up as angels, a couple with thier young child in a 'jogging buggy', proper runners and just everyday people raising money :-) There were a lot of people there running for Macmillan and other Cancer charities, one lady had 'grandad' written on her back, another young girl, probably about 12, had a T Shirt with her Mothers photo on it saying 'Never Forgotten' - I felt so choked when I saw this and had to swallow back the tears. Some people are just so so brave.

Then the 'Big Warm Up' started and we all did some stretching and aerobic exercise all together in a group. The man who led this was really good fun and coupled with the music you couldnt help but smile and feel good! They ought to hold outdoor aerobics in parks every sunday! would be great fun lol! Then we were told to line up for the race, and we had a count down and then Air Horns to signal the start! The adrenalin was really pumping and made my legs feel really wobbly, but I soon got into my stride and calmed down into a steady rhythm. I desparately wanted to run under 30 minutes and had worked out mileage markers along the course to try and see if I was on course to do less than 10 minutes a mile. I think the general vibe of being in a race must have helped as when i crossed the finish line I had completed it in 28 minutes!! YAY! I was stoked! And we all got a goody bag at the finish which was full of nice stuff like a bottle of water, a banana, deodarant, body wash etc and best of all......................... A MEDAL!!! WOOP!!

So summary:
Distance: 5 Kilometers
Type: Race
Time: 28 mins
Weather: Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment