Wednesday 12 August 2009

New Trainers!


Well, if Im going to run a half marathon then I really need to get a pair of 'proper' trainers otherwise Ill end up with an injury - and that would be stupid - wouldnt it!
So, today (saturday 8/8/09) I went along to Coventry Runner for some advice. They did a 'gait analysis' for me, which consisted of me running on a treadmill while being videod! I felt a right eeeejit! I havent ran on a treadmill for years and was dreading falling off in spectacular style! Well, luckily I didnt fall off! But it turns out I am an 'over pronator' or in laymans language, my foot rolls in too much when my foot strikes the ground. So the shop chappie got me down some suitable shoes that will help correct this and therefore avoid overstraining my legs. Of course, its absoloutely FATAL to give a woman a CHOICE, and after much deliberating and trying on, and jogging around in different shoes at times with a different trainer on each foot - I finally made a decision.........................
Can you guess? Thats right! the first bloody pair I tried on hahahaha!!!! A pair of Saucony Pro Grid Ride 2 no less! There is no stopping me now Mwhhhaaa haaaa haaaaaaa!
So equipped with my new trainers and also a new T-shirt (well, it has to be done doesnt it girls!) and a £100 lighter, I left the store raring for my next training run this afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment