Wednesday 12 August 2009

Saturday 8th August - 4.43 Miles

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

Distance: 4.43 miles
Type: Regular run
Time:
Weather: Sunny

Well, equipped with my go faster trainers, new lightweight t-shirt with pocket in the back for my phone so i can listen to the radio I felt like a serious runner! So today, I thought, is the day to start increasing the miles! In a new pair of trainers I hear you cry!! Hmmmmmm, well perhaps y'all should have shouted a bit louder - but more of that later lol!

So I have found this nifty little website - Map My Run - which allows you to, well, map your run hahaha! Basically you can map your running route and calculate the mileage you are running - which is fabulous for starting to plan some set local routes for my training. :-D

So I set off full of enthusiasm, and although it was late afternoon it was still nice and sunny! Part of my run was along the canal path and if you could just block out the smell of dog shit, it was a most beautiful setting! So much so, I found myself grinning away at nothing in a village idiot kind of way hahaha! Still, after about 3 miles this had turned into more of a grimace in a village pyshco kind of way!!! During the last mile my left foot was starting to get sore - well it was inevitable wasnt it! longest run id done plus new trainers, not really rocket science is it now lol!
But I finished the run in good style and didnt forget the all important stretching at the finish.

So there we have it, a good day! I had aquired a pair of brand new trainers and a new blister! Coincidence?? Surely not! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment